Volare (To Fly)

 I wonder when will I  break free from the clutches of my misery?  

Was it forced upon me or did I adorn them myself? I got so lost in my poetry.

Trapped and helpless, I did not want to be,

 yet I overlooked the option of saving myself from this sorcery.

O Heavens! show me the way out I prayed diligently.

The answer was simple and guilt-free, and always in front of me.

Even the tarot cards and horoscopes I ransacked screamed painfully, "The answer lies within you, my beauty".

All that noise outside could not breach the peace that lay untouched inside me.

Escape is not easy, especially when you are constantly coddled by the material world and misery.

All that self-pity, encroaching sadness, and guilt enticed me from reaching there,

those unfathomable blue skies that existed deep within myself,

Oh, how many times I have looked within and just stared? 

I want to fly away so badly, but I keep getting tricked into believing in their sorcery.

 Then tell me O Heavens, how do I reach there where I long to be? Is it too early to be free?

Just as I drown in my misery, embracing the cold and darkness that still surrounds me,

someone whispers to me solemnly, "My love, what follows after fear is worth it. So do not worry and just go for it" 

No one told me the amount of patience, love, and forgiveness you need or how ugly the path would be.

It took me a thousand years to reach the skies but that one moment of courage gave me the wings to fly. I know now what I didn't know then, and nothing matters when you are up there.

So remember It all starts with a little hope and persistence,

Cause that day will come when you fly freely without worrying about the consequence. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kasut (Shoes)

Ad Movere (Move On).

게임 끝 (Game over)