Kasut (Shoes)

One of the things in my life that I've found interesting are the shoes I wear. The type of footwear that I wear has changed drastically over the last few years. As a kid apart from school shoes and sandals during rainy seasons, I had one pair of ballerinas for special occasions. Growing up the ballerinas were exchanged for heals and wedges. 
But recently I've grown found of sneakers or sports shoes. Apart from them it's flat sandals or slippers. You must be wondering why I'm talking about different footwear to you, it's cause they have taught me a lot about myself and life...

 I'm one of those people who no matter what type of footwear they buy, except sports shoes, have had shoe bites. And not the pretty ones but the ugly bloody ones.
By the end of the week of having worn a new footwear, my feet are covered with cuts and bandages. What this experience has taught me is that when you try to get along with someone new or start a new chapter in your life, the differences you have can be resolved by making room for each other/experience and having patience. Cause after the adjustment period is over there will be no more shoe bites.  Lesson learnt here is to be open to change and be kind towards new people and situations. (Don't forget to be kind to yourself!)

Another lesson I've learnt is to wear what you are comfortable in, and not what others feel is right for you to wear. It's quite important I feel to wear the footwear that you find comfortable and is good for you. You might need a matching pair or two to go with your outfit, but even that matching pair don't just wear it for fashion. Wear it because you want to and you find it dependable. If you trip and fall wearing that footwear others will only laugh at you, leaving you cursing them for recommending them to you.

They say good shoes take you to good places and that is so true. If you don't have a pair, why don't you get yourself one because it is time for you to go to good places! 

Until next time, keep smiling!

Comments

  1. Loved the style of writing and enjoyed it on how you drew parallels between fot wears and life. Personally, i haven't experienced the shoes bites ordeal being a guy, but have watched my sister go through it, so yea... can feel the pain though.

    Hope i find my comfort pair of shoes too....😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ad Movere (Move On).

게임 끝 (Game over)