ดอกมะลิ (Jasmine)


Once upon a time, in a far away kingdom, there lived a Princess. She was always curious to learn, and fond of travelling, the Princess would often leave the palace on her horse and go off on an adventure.

One day, on one such adventure the Princess spotted a house with a huge garden. To get a better view of the garden, the Princess mounted off her horse and walked towards the house.

The Princess opened the gates and entered the garden. As she was looking around the beautiful varieties of flowers and creepers, something caught her gaze. It stood tall, happy and swayed with grace among the dark green leaves. That flower bud of gardenia Jasmine, stood out among the other fully bloomed gardenia Jasmines. Right next to the flower bud stood a woman, equally beautiful. She looked wise, and a bit alarmed as she recognised the stranger who had barged into her garden.She greeted the Princess and politely enquired the princess of her visit. The beautiful maiden invited the Princess in for refreshments. 

The Princess was mesmerized with the flower bud and wished to see it bloom. She asked the maiden if she could stay back a few days until she watched the flower bloom. The maiden happily obliged to her request.Though the Princess spent most of her time in the garden, she helped the maiden around the house as well.

 Finally, came the day, the princess so patiently waited for. Under the soft moonlight and surrounded by the sweet breeze bloomed the gardenia Jasmine in all its might and beauty.

The Princess wanted the flower to stay this way forever. She asked the maiden, "Is there any way I can keep this flower with me forever?I do not wish it to wilt and wither away..". The maiden replied, "Every flower that blooms has to wither away and die. It does not have a forever. However, Every moment lived to the fullest with the flower, loving and cherishing it, gets engraved in your heart. And through you, in your words or your memory the flower lives forever". 

The Princess smiled at the maiden. She closed her eyes and took a moment to capture her forever with the flower. 

"Oh Jasmine, My Jasmine, under the blue moonlight you bloomed.

Oh Jasmine, My Jasmine, your absence has left me blue.

Oh Jasmine, My Jasmine, you were my secret lover.

Oh Jasmine! My dear Jasmine! in these verses may you live forever...."

                            ------XXX-------- 

You must be wondering why I told you this story? It's because each of us at some point of our lives have lost a Jasmine we adored, either because it wilted away with time or someone plucked it. Whether you wanted to part ways or not, whether you were ready or not, it didn't matter. Each Jasmine that bloomed withered away in the end.

When I lost a Jasmine flower dear to me, I told myself this - 

The Jasmine flower I loved had lived well. I cannot see them and feel them anymore because they rest at feet of the lord now. Until I join them when my time is up, I will keep the lingering memory of their scent in my heart and keep spreading fragrance and joy in the lives of people who are still alive and part of my garden.

Until next time, keep growing🌼.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kasut (Shoes)

Ad Movere (Move On).

게임 끝 (Game over)